If the domain has already been registered by third parties, and you hold that this violates your rights because you are the owner of the proprietary brand or name, or you hold that you have a greater right to use the domain, such dispute will be settled through arbitration proceedings.
The arbitration proceedings will be conducted by a sole arbitrator, listed on the list of arbitrators and appointed by the Committee for .hr domain management. The list of arbitrators will be prepared by the CARNet Managing Council, at the proposal of the Committee. They will be professionals from the fields of law and information technologies.
The arbitration proceedings will be conducted according to the "Arbitration rules for settlement of disputes concerning domains", which is an integral part of the Ordinance on Organisation and Management of National Internet Top-level Domain (Articles 32 - 56)
Institution of the proceedings
1. Fill out and verify the request for institution of arbitration proceedings (Croatian only);
2. The request should be accompanied by:
- Proofs supporting the reasons for filing the request. If the text of the reasons is exhaustive and requires elaboration of arguments on several pages, the claimant can enclose it as a separate document;
- Proofs that the claimant attempted to solve the dispute amicably;
- Information about other proceedings (court, administrative or arbitration), if any, which were conducted, or are being conducted, concerning the matter in dispute or in connection with it;
- Payment receipt proving that an advance payment of the arbitration proceedings costs has been made.
All relevant documentation which has not been submitted in the electronic form should be submitted in three copies by the claimant, otherwise it will be considered that the documentation had not been submitted at all. If several parties participate in the procedure, the number of the necessary copies will increase so that there is one copy per each of the opposing parties, the arbitrator and for the Committee records.
3. The request for the institution of arbitration proceedings should be submitted with the necessary additional documentation by e-mail to email@example.com and in writing (sent as a letter post item or handed in at the registration office) to:
Hrvatska akademska i istraživačka mreža CARNet
Josipa Marohnića 5
Conduct of the proceedings
1. Upon receipt of the complete documentation, the Committee will appoint the arbitrator from the list of arbitrators;
2. All documentation will be sent to the arbitrator and to the parties involved in the arbitration;
3. The arbitrator will bring the decision autonomously. His decision will be considered executive and binding.
Duration of the proceedings
The proceedings have to be finalised no later than 60 days from the day of submission of the case to the arbitrator.
When lodging the request for the institution of arbitration proceedings, the claimant shall pay a fee for the registration and an advance arbitrator's fee in accordance with the price list prepared by the CARNet Managing Council at the Committee's proposal.
The arbitration fee shall be 2600 HRK.
When making an advance payment for the arbitration proceedings costs, the claimant has to enter the following data:
Primatelj/U korist računa: Državni proračun RH, CARNet, J. Marohnića 5, 10000 Zagreb
Svrha doznake: Predujam troškova arbitražnog postupka
Broj računa: 1001005-1863000160
Poziv na broj odobrenja: 5673-21852-848991044
Iznos: 2600 kn
[Translated in English:
Addressee / To the credit of an account: State Budget of the Republic of Croatia, CARNet, J. Marohnića 5, 10000 Zagreb
Purpose of payment: Prepayment of arbitration proceedings costs
Account number: 1001005-1863000160
Credit reference number: 5673-21852-848991044
Amount: 2600 HRK]
All arbitral awards will be public and announced on our web site (Croatian only).